Wed, Mar 25|
Telling Your Story: The Consulting Fit Interview
Time & Location
Mar 25, 2020, 5:15 PM
About the Event
As deadlines for summer workshops approach, we wish everybody best of luck in the application process!
After submitting your stellar resume and cover letter documents, the next step in the recruiting process is the fit interview. Due to the high interpersonal and client-facing nature of the consulting career track, firms consider the fit or personal experience interview to be a significant measure of your ability to work in and lead teams, interact with clients, and adapt to the firm culture.
In this third educational workshop hosted by the Consulting Club at the Texas Medical Center, we will share useful tips on what consulting firms are looking for when conducting fit interviews, the types of questions that are asked, and how to stand out by showcasing your soft skills and experiences.
Some topics covered will include:
- Overview of the consulting interview process
- Soft skills that consulting firms are looking for in the fit interview
- Examples of questions that are often asked
- How to give a structured response that clearly shows your qualifications
- Best practices and common mistakes